back to good health after catching the virus, nine weeks to recover but made it thankfully .
1. Dealership - The dealership is open but has restrictions in place, as per the national guidelines these are likely to change so keep an eye on their website and Facebook page.
2. Directors Report - I have been keeping in touch with HOG and the other Chapter Directors, almost all the rallies are now cancelled for this year. There are plans afoot to hold a round the country ride. Each Chapter would carry a baton or something similar across its footprint and pass it on at the border. The 4th July is currently being touted as the start day, this corresponds with the Red Roses birthday.
3. Treasurers Report - Finances are looking good. Andy has refunded those members for the Clay Pigeon Shooting and Quexit. The deposits for the European Rally are being held back until confirmations are back for those who want to go next year.
4. Membership - There are 26 members who haven’t renewed their membership yet this year. You may recall that we have waived the additional £5 for late renewals. I will be contacting all 26 to check if they intend to renew at some point.
5. Safety Officer - Rob is working on our plans to resume Rideouts and drafting some ideas of how they may work. For example, we may have to limit the number of riders, the distance we go and where we go. It may be necessary to register for the ride out so we can control numbers. These are only ideas and we would like to hear your views on what you would expect to be in place before you return to group rideouts. It all of course is dependent upon Government advice.
6. Activities - Bletchley, Highclere and Puy du Fou￼ are all still booked. We will monitor the situation and decide nearer the time.
As you know, we have cancelled Quexit but we are still exploring the possibility of holding an event in the field in Sept. it’s only an idea but certainly a possibility.
7. Invicta Calendar. - We have sold 40 calendars so far and donations are going well. Thank you all for your support. We have sent a press release to the Kent Messenger and I have circulated the calendar to all the UK and Ireland Chapters.
That just leaves me to wish you all well and remind you that if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact any of the Committee.
AREA AND CLUB MEETS SUSPENDED
All Area and Club Meets are suspended until further notice. Ride Outs however are continuing subjct to the Lead Road Captains discretion.
ROAD CREW MEETING - 22nd FEB
The Road Crew Meeting went ahead as planned yesterday. The riding and events calendar is now pretty much full up. Visit TeamUp to see the details.
Our traditional Pioneer Run will take place on the 22nd March.
ROAD CREW MEETING - 22nd FEB
The next Road Crew Meeting takes place on Saturday 22nd February at The Queens Head Pub, Maidstone Rd, Rainham. It starts at 09:30 and should finish by 11:30. Rumour has it that Bacon Rolls will be provided.
SPRING FLING HOTEL BOOKINGS
Please be aware that the room prices at the Village Hotel can change almost hourly. To be gaurenteed the best price you need to book asap. Remember to use your discount code PRO10A.
TEN PIN BOWLING CHALLENGE
Don't forget that we defend our Trophy againgst HOGSBACK and 1066 on Sunday 26th January in Crawley. Team Captain Mannering will lead our intrepid bowlers to another win - no pressure Paul!!.
Keep a look out for timings etc.
Not bowling - I am sure the team would appreciate your support :)
JANUARY CLUB NIGHT
Please note that there is no Club Night meeting in January as it falls on New Years Day. The first meet will be on the 8th Jan at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood. Ralph Wilcox will be your host.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Keep your eyes peeled here for up to the minute Chapter News. If you have anything you would like to see here please let any of the Committee know.